BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD
- butternut squash; peeled and cubed or sliced
- spinach or bibb lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 table spoons honey
- 1 lemon
- BLEU CHEESE SALTOPIA Sea Salt to taste
- chick peas, crumpled bleu cheese, walnuts are all optional!
- Olive oil (only for grilling)
Brush the pre-cut butternut squash with olive oil - be sure it's well coated. Grill squash at about 375 degrees until it's tender. Timing on this will depend entirely on the size of your chunks! Meantime, in a bowl combine the delicate greens (tear these never cut them), chopped red onion, cranberries and other options. Separately, squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl, add honey and BLEU CHEESE sea salt to taste. Whisk until well blended and set aside. Once the squash is tender, remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly. Add it to the salad greens while it's warm. Finish with your dressing and toss well before serving!