POACHED COD IN COCONUT MILK
- Two 8-ounce cod fillets (can substitute any firm white fish)
- 12 ounces dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 8 ounces water
- DOC CALYPSO Sea Salts to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro minced
- 2 ounces white button mushrooms (can substitute any light, delicately-flavored mushrooms)
- small zucchini, cut into thick slices
- a single red bell pepper sliced into pieces
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the red pepper and shallots, then saute, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes to soften. Sprinkle DOC CALYPSO to both sides of the cod fillets and place in pan. Add the wine and water and poach cod until cooked, about 7 minutes. Using a large spatula, remove cod from broth and place in wide, shallow soup bowls. Place bowls with cod in oven to keep warm (200 degrees is a good temperature to keep the fish warm without continued over-cooking).
Raise the heat on broth and bring to a boil to reduce by about one cup. Reduce heat to medium low and add coconut milk, remaining butter, fresh cilantro and stir. Add mushrooms and zucchini, then continue to cook for about five minutes, until the veggies are tender. Turn off heat. Add DOC CALYPSO to taste.
Remove bowls from oven. Ladle broth over the fish. Serve immediately with a side of white rice if desired! SO YUMMY!