RECIPE OF THE WEEK: GRILLED PORK CHOPS & APPLE COMPOTE
Feel free to use any favorite combination of SALTOPIA's infused sea salts and SUGARS for this recipe! We selected GREAT OUTDOORS for the infused sea salt and BEAN GOOD for the infused sugar!
- 2 apples, diced into small cubes (1/2 inch is good)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 decent size bone in, thick cut pork chops
- BEAN GOOD, SALTOPIA's vanilla bean sugar
- GREAT OUTDOORS, infused sea salt
- Unwrap your pork chops and coat them with a generous sprinkle of GREAT OUTDOORS, allow to rest at room temperature for about 1 hour
- Heat up your grill and prepare it for cooking the pork chops. Please follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for the proper weights of your pork chops and desired doneness.
- Separately, add diced apples & onion to a small sauté pan over medium low heat
- add butter & honey to the apple mixture, stir well to ensure butter is melting and fruit is coated
- once the apples are slightly simmering, reduce heat to low and add a generous pinch of BEAN GOOD, then cover
- Grill your pork chops according to desired doneness (I prefer mine slightly pink on the inside), while keeping an eye on the apples to ensure they continue to cook low and slow
- Once the pork chops are finished, plate them and carefully scoop the delicious apple compote over each separated chop. Finish with an extra pinch of GREAT OUTDOORS and BEAN GOOD to taste!
This recipe is also wonderful using Peaches or Pineapple INSTEAD of apples! Try it!