Fall prepares us for the holiday season and delicious comfort foods including an easy All-American favorite: Baked Apples!
- 4 medium sized apples (any of your favorite varieties will work!)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- PURE LUCK or UP CLOSE & PEACHY or CLOVES GONE WILD SALTOPIA Artisan Infused Sea Salt to taste (pick one that you love the most from these!!)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Honey, to drizzle
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Wash apples and core them using a spoon to scoop out the core and seeds. Be careful not to dig or cut through the bottom of the apple. Mix together the butter, brown sugar and SALTOPIA sea salt until smooth. Add the walnuts and raisins, stir and divide the mixture equally among the apples, stuffing the center of each. Place into the prepared pan.Top each apple with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts and press them into the mixture. Give a generous drizzle of honey over the top of each apple. Add just enough water to the pan to cover the bottom and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Feel free to baste the apples occasionally. Finish with a touch more SALTOPIA sea salt to taste! I love these aside a poultry dish or as dessert with vanilla ice cream!